What are the requirements in order to use Sparkup ?
Depending on your company or your event location, you may need to verify configurations with IT.
We use Amazon Web Service and Online servers.
All the data is located in :
- France for European customers or contracts,
- Japan for Asian customers or contracts,
- United States for customers or contracts in all other countries.
You must establish outgoing TCP connections between the peripherals and the Internet through HTTPS ports (443). Our servers do not establish any incoming connections.
The network can have a proxy if:
- the proxy doesn't block access to HTTPS of our online servers;
- the proxy doesn't modify content of HTTPS requests made by our Web services.
You must authorized websocket connections with 10 minutes timeout for the following domains:
In case, you can’t use wildcards (*.sparkup.live), here the detailed list of FQDNs used:
- app.eu.sparkup.live or alias.eu.sparkup.live (if dedicated alias given by Sparkup)
- or depending on location, events.asia.sparkup.live or alias.asia.sparkup.live (if dedicated alias given by Sparkup)
- or msgbrk-asia.sparkup.live (depending on location)
- turn.sparkup.live (for Virtual Audience)
- onstage.sparkup.live (for Virtual Audience)
- va-servers.sparkup.live (for Virtual Audience)
- Webrtc protocol enabled to the FQDN *.live.ceeblue.tv
- Allow to use a STUN/TURN server to initiate the connection port 3478 UDP+TCP to the FQDN *.live.ceeblue.tv
- UDP ports: 2000 - 65535 to the IP of the servers pointed by the FQDN *.live.ceeblue.tv
Virtual Audience requirements
- WebRTC protocol enabled to the FQDN onstage.sparkup.live
- MSE protocol enabled on browsers
- allow to use a STUN/TURN server to initiate the connection port 3478 UDP+TCP to the FQDN turn.sparkup.live
- For an optimal experience, we recommend to open the UDP ports: 1025 - 65535 to the IP of the servers pointed by the FQDN va-servers.sparkup.live
- 1080p streaming - 4 Mbps per participant
- 720p streaming - 2 Mbps per participant
- Activated camera for mosaic - 0,3 Mbps upload per participant
- Sparkup interactivity - 0,5 Mbps per participant
- Participant on stage (individual speaking) - 2 Mbps per participant
- Virtual Audience - 6 Mbps for 1080p (can be adapted)
- Participant on stage (individual speaking) - 2 Mbps
- Interactivity results screen - 1 Mbps
- Admin computer(s)- 15 Mbps
- Use a dedicated network,
- Use a wired Internet connection (which will allow you to avoid getting disconnected).
Browsers & devices compatibilities
Here the list of Devices and browsers compatible with Sparkup
In-person event - internet connection
To use the Sparkup platform you will need a stable Internet connection.
Here are the necessary requirements:
- The network should allow all the users to connect at the same time (participants + facilitators)
- The recommended speed is 1 Mbits/s per participant (minimum 0,5 Mbit/s per participant)
This will allow you to use the application in the best conditions.
- Use a dedicated network,
- Use a wired Internet connection for the admin's computer (which will allow you to avoid getting disconnected),
- Limit the bandwidth per user (e.g.: 1Mbits/s per participant),
- In case of problems with Wi-Fi make sure you have somebody you can contact,
- Using the 4G network is an advantage in case there is a Wi-Fi network failure,
- Have a smartphone with a 3G/4G network connection in order to quickly create a Wi-Fi network and share Internet if there are any problems.