What are the requirements in order to use Sparkup ?
The following information is related to the requirements that you should pass on to your CIO or the IT service at the event venue.
In some companies and at event venues the internal networks may be limited. These requirements will allow you to make sure that you will be able to easily access the Sparkup platform on the day of your event.
You can directly check the compatibility here: Checking the app.
To use the Sparkup platform you will need a stable Internet connection.
Here are the necessary requirements:
- The network should allow all the users to connect at the same time (participants + facilitators)
- The recommended speed is 1 Mbits/s per participant (minimum 0,5 Mbit/s per participant)
This will allow you to use the application in the best conditions.
- Use a dedicated network,
- Use a wired Internet connection for the facilitator's computer (which will allow you to avoid getting disconnected),
- Limit the bandwidth per user (e.g.: 1Mbits/s per participant),
- In case of problems with Wi-Fi make sure you have somebody you can contact,
- Using the 4G network is an advantage in case there is a Wi-Fi network failure,
- Have a smartphone with a 3G/4G network connection in order to quickly create a Wi-Fi network and share Internet if there are any problems.
You must establish outgoing TCP connections between the peripherals and the Internet through HTTPS ports (443). Our servers do not establish any incoming connections.
The network can have a proxy if:
- the proxy doesn't block access to HTTPS of our online servers;
- the proxy doesn't modify content of HTTPS requests made by our Web services.
We use Amazon Web Service and Online servers.
All data is stocked in the Parisian region.
The DNS server that distributes addresses through the DHCP server must respond correctly to the requests sent by the peripherals to the addresses that include the following domains:
Checking the app (after configuring the network)
- Open your browser and follow this test link: https://eu.sparkup.live/static/test/sparkup-websocket.html.
- Click on "Starting Test".
- Wait for 60 seconds and make sure that the status changes from "Waiting" to "Success".
Need additional technical information?
Please check our security page on: https://sparkup.app/security/