How do I install Sparkup on the day of my event?
To animate your session on D-Day you just need to follow the steps described in the video below to be ready to animate in just a couple of minutes.
Make sure that you have good Internet connection (see Checking the Internet connection at the event venue) as well as the latest versions of Chrome or Safari on your devices (see Devices and browsers compatible with Sparkup).
1. Animate with 2 different devices for better convenience
(0:16) If you decide to animate your session with 2 devices:
- The first tablet or computer will be used to manage and moderate your content. It also controls what is pushed to the broadcasting screen. This interface is called the animation interface (App).
- A second computer will allow you to broadcast all your activities in real time when it is connected to a screen/projector. This interface is called: the broadcasting interface (Cast).
Configure the second computer to "Copy video" (see Broadcasting content from your computer on a big screen).
This will allow you to broadcast your content on a big screen in real time.
Computer or tablet used as the animation interface:
Open a browser and enter the following address: sparkup.live,
Log in with your facilitator login details,
- Launch the session for the event.
Computer used as the broadcasting interface:
- Open a browser and enter the address sparkup.live/cast,
- Enter your session code (which you can see on the animation interface),
- Show this window on a big screen and start your animation.
1bis. Animating with 1 device
(01:42) If you are animating your session with only 1 device:
- Connect the screen/projector to your computer,
- Configure your computer in full-screen mode (see Broadcasting content from your computer on a big screen),
- Open a browser and enter the address sparkup.live,
- Log in with your facilitator login details,
- Launch your session,
- Once the session is launched, click on the pop-up window that will appear to open the Cast,
- A new window will appear. Drag this window to the broadcasting screen and show it in full-screen mode.
2. Connecting the participants to the app
In order to participate in the activities your audience should:
- Open a browser on their device,
- Enter the URL sparkup.live,
- Enter the session code.
(02:25) If you are animating a session remotely, your participants can see the broadcasting screen by opening the URL sparkup.live/cast with the same session code.