How can I show my computer content on a big screen or projector?
1. Connect your computer
First of all, you should connect your computer to the second screen (TV, projector, etc...) by using one of these cables:
2. Turn on your computer and the second screen
Once your second screen is turned on, choose the source according to the cable that you used to connect to the computer (e.g.: source HDMI 2).
3. Configure the second screen
By default, the second screen will be configured in copy video mode, which means that it will show exactly the same thing that you see on your main computer.
If your computer is meant for broadcasting to the Cast, you can open the Cast page and animate your session in copy video mode.
If you are using your computer as the animation interface and the Cast, you should switch to Extended Desktop mode.
Select a desktop mode:
- Press the button with the Windows logo + P and select "Extend Desktop",
- Depending on the Windows version, you might need to hold the button with the Windows logo so that the menu doesn't disappear.
For Mac OS X
- Choose the menu Apple () > Settings,
- Click on Monitors,
- Select the Disposition tab,
- Organize your screens or change the main screen:
- Choose Mirror Displays if necessary (if this option is not ticked then you will be in Extended Desktop mode),
- To organize your screens, drag one of them where you want it to be. A red frame will appear around your screen while you organize it,
- To change the main screen, drag the white bar to another screen.
If you have any problems, ask your technician/IT specialist or the CIO present at your meeting/event to help you.
Read the article Installing Sparkup at the event venue to be ready on the day of your event.
Please sign in to leave a comment.